Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Tips and Tricks

Today I want to refer you to a post on Knitmuch.com entitled 3 Tips to Untangle Yarn Snafu by Michelle Nguyen.   This is Part 1 of a 5 part series.  I'm really looking forward to the other posts.

When I read the title of this post, it immediately drew me in.  I've had some tangle problems but nothing outrageous until ....  the grand girls came along.  The girls are 6 and almost 3.  The oldest grand loves all kinds of arts and crafts. Occasionally when she was making things she would need a piece of string.  I don't really keep a roll of twine around so I let her use some of my left over yarn.

She found a smallish ball of green yarn and I told her she could keep in the her craft box to use as she needed.

One morning I woke up and she had wrapped the living room in green yarn.  I couldn't be mad because she thought it looked wonderful and was so proud.  She also hung little drawings from the yarn with clothes pins.

It was wonderfully creative so after my initial shock I was okay with it. However when she had to eventually unwind it back into a ball she was not so happy.  She hasn't done that again.  I don't think the clean up was worth the fun she had decorating.  

Boy do I love that girl.





1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you. What do you knit? When do you knit? What do you like about knitting?