Saturday, May 14, 2016

Shame on Me



I've neglected this new blog of mine.  I was cruisin' the web, probably Pinterest, and ran across something that said "Blog about what you Love."  Immediately I said to myself "you love knitting so you need to blog about it" and being the snap judgment person I am, I started this blog.

I do love knitting for the release it gives me.  If I have something on my mind I need to solve, I just pick up the needles and without trying to think about my problem just start row after row.

It slows those turning wheels in my head.  It relaxes my tense shoulders.  It gives me something to focus on other than my problem - or even my boredom.  What a fun and inexpensive solution.

I know that your brain my not work like mine (can I get an Amen).  You might not need knitting for the same reasons I do.

So many of you make beautiful projects that you can actually wear.  How neat is that.  And wool socks - of course in Texas I would only need them once or twice a year - but they must be so great in the cold weather.

This is why knitting is such a great hobby.  It can be whatever you want it to be.  Beautiful clothes to grace your family, warm spreads to cover your bed and, yes, even the little knitted scarf - a piece of love to wrap around your loved ones.

My knitting does slow down in the summer.  I try to leave the doors and windows open as long as possible to save on electricity.  Having a scarf laying across my glistening legs (girls don't sweat remember) is not ideal.  However, once summer is in full swing and the A/C is running I can go back to knitting again.

And isn't this the best thing about knitting, you can lay your piece down for a day, a week or a month and then pick it right back up just like a phone call with an old friend.

Thanks for popping in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. What do you knit? When do you knit? What do you like about knitting?