Saturday, March 26, 2016

One + One Scarves, Shawls & Shrugs

I checked out a couple of books on scarf knitting from the library.  The first book I opened was One + One Scarves, Shawls & Shrugs: 25 Projects from Just Two Skeins by Iris Schreier and Lark Crafts.


I love this book.  It is full of the most magnificent designs.  There are scarfs, cowls, triangles and shawls.  If you enjoy variegated yarn like me, be sure to check out the Stepping Stones Shawl, my personal fave.  But never fear, there are also many solid colors in every weight and yarn type.  

Even though I have been knitting on and off since I was a teenager, I'm not really advanced.  I did find it a little difficult to read the directions because I didn't really understand the steps.  A cheat sheet would solve the problem but I'm not really sure how clear the instructions are for someone that can understand the instructions.  If anyone has an opinion, please let me know.  

I am now thinking seriously about taking a few more knitting classes.  I would really love to be able to knit some of these patterns but as a tv knitter I don't think I could count and follow directions at the same time.  However, there is nothing to stop me from having two projects going - one when I can concentrate and the other my strait knit tv watching scarves.  

  


3 comments:

  1. Hellooooo! *waves*
    I'm here via Thrift Deluxe's blog! I hitched a ride over because I liked your comment! I'm not sure which blog out of four to choose from you use most - but as a fellow knitter - I chose this one X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel. Thanks for stopping by. I took a quick read of your blog and boy are you one busy lady. I'm following on Bloglovin and looking forward to hearing more about you.

      Delete
  2. Hellooooo! *waves*
    I'm here via Thrift Deluxe's blog! I hitched a ride over because I liked your comment! I'm not sure which blog out of four to choose from you use most - but as a fellow knitter - I chose this one X

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. What do you knit? When do you knit? What do you like about knitting?